From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 3:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Override action in multiple struts-config.xml

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Michael Lee wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:29:30 -0500
> From: Michael Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Override action in multiple struts-config.xml
>
> We have a base product. It has a struts-config.xml in a webapp. We have
> a couple of customers that each have their own web app and
> struts-config.xml. Their product sits on top of the base product. We
> have to have a complete struts-config.xml for each customer. Is there a
> way to have a core struts-config.xml in the base product and a
> struts-config.xml for each customer where the struts-config.xml for each
> customer uses whats in the base product and adds new actions or
> over-rides the actions in the base struts-config.xml?
>
> thanks, Mike

As of 1.1-b3 this is in fact pretty easy to accomplish.  The "config" init
parameter can now accept a comma-delimited list of struts config files,
that are processed in turn.  So, you could have your customers configure
your basic struts-config.xml file first, followed by one that adds
whatever they need second.

Craig