On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Prakash 'pk' Trivedi wrote:

> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:00:18 -0500
> From: Prakash 'pk' Trivedi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Override action in multiple struts-config.xml
>

> A follow up question is so in 1.0.2 or prior to 1.1b3 you just have to merge
> them in to a single config file.

Yes, although with any 1.1 release you can subdivide your app into
separate modules (with their own config files).  However, the question
that started this thread was about subdividing a struts-config.xml file
for a single module -- which is now possible in 1.1b3 but was not before.

> Also, if you have multiple struts apps
> could you share session among them.

We have to be precise about the terminology here.

If you divide your app into several Struts *modules* (used to be called
sub-applications), you can run them within a single web application, and
therefore share sessions.  If you put each of your Struts-based apps into
a separate web application, sessions will not be shared.

> Thank you,
> Prakash 'pk' Trivedi

Craig