What I actually meant was 'Struts Fast Track' BETA edition. Wonderful reviews on Amazon.

mech wrote:
Avoid "Mastering Jakarta Struts". It was on sale at Amazon, so I took it
(at that time all newer (more) up-to-date books weren't available yet).
Actually for a simple application it's okay, but I got the impression
that it's not really "complete". It's somewhere stuck in between Struts
1.0 and 1.1. I guess it's fine, if you don't mind to read the Struts
docu whenever you exceed the scope of the book.
And the taglibs, only mentioned in the appendix... Well just written
down what you could find in the documentation. Hardly any examples for
tag usage (except those cases you could figure out yourself because
obvious)

I would disagree on that point. All the taglibs have
1. a definition of every attribute.
2. working example of the tag.
3. example of what the rendered html result will look like.

There may be errors as mech said, but I have not run across one yet.
I have Chuck and ted's books as well. Weighing in as the thinnist book
of the bunch , I still use it as a tag reference. Having said that I
love ted's book a lot, it is stuffed with a lot of excellent
information.A lot of question that are asked frequently on this list
are answered in this book. Chuck's book I have not had a chance to
really evaluate it fully but I liked what I have seen so far.
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer