Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Struts but I've been following it for a long time.  Now
that I'm starting to use it, I'm trying to figure out the best way to make
objects available to a jsp that aren't involved in the processing of the
previous action.  I know about HttpServletResponse.addAttribute(), but what
if the action has little or nothing to do with the subsequent jsp?  In my
pre-Struts days, I would create something like 2 actions--the first one
services the incoming request, forwards to the next one, and the second only
gathers whatever info is needed by the next jsp (that way I can decouple
processing of unrelated concerns.)  Should I continue to do something like
this?  Or maybe create custom tags that know how to retrieve objects that
aren't in the response?  I'd appreciate some ideas.

thanks

john

john gregg
Wells Fargo Service Corporation