I have defined a form as follows in my validation.xml:

        <form name="printLabelForm">
            <field
                property="printer"
                depends="required">
                    <arg0 key="printlabel.prompt.printer" />
            </field>
            <field
                property="printtype"
                depends="required">
                    <arg0 key="printlabel.prompt.printtype"/>
            </field>
            <field
                property="labelcount"
                depends="required,long">
                    <arg0 key="printlabel.prompt.labels"/>
            </field>
        </form>

When the user submits this form, I expect a validation to be done on
"labelcount" checking that it is 1) Required and 2) Is a Long value.  If I
submit this form in my JSP with labelcount containing some text like 'abc',
the validation does not error.

Am I missing something?