I have had a go at this - I get a 500 error message "Cannot perform access
control without an authenticated principal" - presumably I need to do
something else as well ?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 January 2003 15:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Controlling Direct Access to jsp pages

Put this security info at the bottom of your web.xml to prevent access to
any *.jsp file:

<security-constraint>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>SecureAllJSPs</web-resource-name>
                        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <auth-constraint>
                        <role-name>nobody</role-name>
                </auth-constraint>
        </security-constraint>

        <security-role>
                <description>No one should be put in this
role.</description>
                <role-name>nobody</role-name>
    </security-role>

David