From: Matthias Bauer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 January 2003 07:57
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Controlling Direct Access to jsp pages

Adrian,

I saw a lot of answers to your question regarding how to protect the jsp files. I think protecting direct access to the jsp files is only one thing. The other is, to force the execution of the associated actions in the right order, i. e. step3.do after step2.do and this one after step1.do.

For this task you might want to check out the following: http://www.livinglogic.de/Struts/

This is a simple workflow framework incoporated into struts, that allows you to do exactly this via definitions in the struts config file.

--- Matthias

Colquhoun, Adrian wrote:

Hi

If I have three pages in my view layer that must be called in sequence e.g.

- step1.jsp then
- step2.jsp then
- step3.jsp

How do I ensure that my users do not call step2 and step3 directly via a
web browser. Do I need to use a custom tag in pages 2 and 3 to check this
or is there some way to force all requests for .jsp pages in my application
to route via the ActionServlet

Thanks

Adrian

to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to
of this email.

Experian Limited (registration number 653331). Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5HF

For additional commands, e-mail: