2003. január 15. 10:52 dátummal Hirschmann, Bernhard ezt írtad:
> >> The reason is, that I don't want to use utf-8, but ISO-8859-1 for my
> >> html pages. And if a "ü" appears in the ISO-8859-1 characterset in the
>
> browser,
>
> > What is wrong with utf-8?
>
> Nothing is wrong with utf-8. Maybe it would be the best to use it, even
> though everything is much more complex while handling stuff like the html
> form entries, which have to be converted.

No, as far as you are using the SetCharacterEncoding filter coming with the
example application of Tomcat.

> reports... So I think I better use the ISO-8859-1 character set with html
> characters like "&amp". It may be stupid, but it eases a lot.

I use iso-8859-2 if I know that each user input is covered in it. However I
need to use the abovementioned filter in this case too.

Hth,

Tib