I don't think you can't get the special characters French requires from
UTF-8, dude.  You may have to use one of the ISO character set encodings.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: dmz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 11:22 AM

     I am trying to display my page in French. I have set encoding to utf-8
for JSP and HTML and also edited the property file so that it is encoded in
utf-8. But some characters are not displayed correctly even the encoding
under view in IE6 shows utf-8 when auto-select is on. I am attaching part of
the property file so you could check its encoding. Has anyone run into this
problem before? What should I do?