I agree. But I think support of wildcards in the path would be very useful.

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 06:10 PM, Marco Tedone wrote:

I think it's important as the controllers maps the exactly match between the
action-path specified by the client with the action specified in the
configuration file.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 10:02 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: struts servlet-mapping

Is it important that '/layout' be part of the action path? why not just
have '/test'?

It sounds as if this is an action used in multiple context's, and if you
don't want to make
multiple mapping's, then why not just have the one mapping that is used
everywhere.

The path in a mapping is just the name of the action on the server. It
doesn't relate back to a
directory structure, although, a path can be made to look that way.

Regards,

Geoff Bennett

Multitask Consulting Pty Ltd
Level 8, 20 Loftus Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Tel +61 2 9252 1462 Fax +61 2 9252 4636
www.multitask.com.au email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cagan Senturk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
17/01/2003 10:53 AM

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

The thing is the /layout directory is determined at run-time; I don't
know what it will be a deployment time.
Thanks,
Cagan
On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 06:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]