Cagan,

using the <html:link> tag will solve your action calling problems:

this will produce the following link:
use the paramId, paramName, paramProperty attributes if the 'urn' value is
dynamic.

But, I get the feeling that you want the action to forward to one of many
tiles layout jsp's.
One might be in 'p3/layout' and another in 'p4/layout'?

If this is the case, then the only way I can guarantee that you will
achieve this is to pass the value
'p3/layout' as a parameter and then pre-append it to your action's
forward.

I'm not saying that this is the only way, but it is the only one that I
don't have to test to know that it will work :)

Regards,

Geoff Bennett

Multitask Consulting Pty Ltd
Level 8, 20 Loftus Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Tel +61 2 9252 1462    Fax +61 2 9252 4636
www.multitask.com.au    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cagan Senturk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
20/01/2003 09:43 AM

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: struts servlet-mapping

Geoff,
Thanks for your answer.
The problem is '/layout' or another directory gets appended there by
Tomcat at runtime..Here's the whole story:
The content is generated by a content editor, and for internal links we
specified that the client uses the following format:

When this content is loaded, and it's loaded by a Tiles layout jsp,
Tomcat automatically reads it as :
http://hostname:port/ppp/p3/layout/link.do?urn=1334333
where 'ppp' is the name of the context and 'p3/layout' the path to the
directory where the Tiles layout jsp resides.

And I'm trying to get my web app to forward all 'link.do' requests to
the same handler.

I don't want to hardcode the directory structure into the struts-config
when defining the <action> element...

-Cagan

Cagan Senturk

Emirca Technologies, Inc.