> From: Mark Minnie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
>         String username = ((LoginForm)form).getUsername();
>         String password = ((LoginForm)form).getPassword();
>
> The LoginForm was the form bean that I had created manually
> in java.  I deleted the LoginForm and replaced the form bean
> with a DynaActionForm as listed above.  Of course, once I no
> longer have a LoginForm.java file because it is a
> DynaActionForm, this Action java code does not compile.
>
> Therefore I see that I have to change my code in going from a
> manually coded form bean to a DynaActionForm.

Nope, one of the differences between DynaForms and conventional forms is
that Dynaforms are map-based, which means you need to rewrite those
lines as:

String username =  (String)((LoginForm)form).get("username");
String password = (String) ((LoginForm)form).get("password");

I got so sick of recasting to String that I wrote my own class which
extends DynaActionForm class and has getString helper methods in it.

James Turner
Owner & Manager, Black Bear Software, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author:
    MySQL & JSP Web Applications:
        Data Driven Programming Using Tomcat and MySQL
    ISBN 0672323095; SAMS, 2002

Co-Author:
    Struts Kick Start
    ISBN 0672324725; SAMS, 2002