I'm a newbie and I've already been looking around for the answer but I didn't find it,
so here it goes:

We are writing for an web application a login where the user enters his name.
He selects wether he is a new user or an existing and in the next line he can input
his password.
He presses then a button which activates an action.

My Problem is I want to forward the username to the next form when the user selected
"new user", where I have a form and an action.
Here is what I tried till now:

 form = new AccountRegisterForm();
 request.setAttribute( mapping.getAttribute(), form );
 AccountRegisterForm accReg = ( AccountRegisterForm )form;
 accReg.setUsername( username );
 //saveToken(request);  -> I found in an example this command but I am not sure what
it is doing
 return mapping.findForward( "newAccount" );

I also set the flag redirect for the action but nothing happens.
What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance
Andreas Winkler