1 BO
Are the classes, that represent entities in the business domain. (NOT EJBs,
although BO persistence can be through EJBs.)

2 DAO
The Persistence Objects for BOs. (In theory, if you are using EJBs, they
serve as DAOs, although, this explanation violates the strict definition of
DAO, and I might get flamed...)

3 VO
== BO, although VOs can be assembled in a way, which does not reflect
Business Entities any more.

4 DTO
== VO

packaging? Depends...

I would put business logic in a separate layer (package) and invoke business
logic delegate classes from the action classes. This decouples struts from
your logic.
Currently, we have a project, with the following structure:

struts action package
business delegate package
session bean package
entity bean package

eg.:

How you name the package, is actually up to you. Just do not name it java.
or javax. or sun.
(and of course, com.ms., and all those copyrighted thingies...)

Tibor