I read everyone's responses to Gene Campbell's question and I think there should be a place on the Struts website (maybe a wiki or something?) where all of these good folks who responded to him could put up their "Why I love Struts" comments. I know I have to answer this question often to clients and other developers and it would be nice to say "Go to the struts website and look at page 'Why I love it'" or whatever.

Promoting Struts is often difficult since it is open source and there is that fear amongst the management (generally) about open source stuff. Never mind that there are 5 (6?) books on struts alone, it has one of the largest followings in open source Java, is in production is some major companies, etc. The one thing I usually say to a manager type is "IBM uses it for the admin on WebSphere". Throwing in that big name usually helps...

My .02

Robert McIntosh