From: Hajratwala, Nayan (N.) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:59 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Struts officially supported at Ford

FYI ... I thought people might be interested to know that Ford Motor
Company has chosen Struts to use as their officially supported Servlet
framework.  Interestingly, support is being provided through IBM
although I'm not sure what they can offer above the user list =)

Here is the statement from the Java Center of Excellent website:

<quote>
The Ford Servlet Framework is a packaged version of Struts 1.1 provided
by and supported by IBM. This download includes Struts provided by IBM
with some custom integration of the other Frameworks and services
provided by the Java COE. The Java COE will only be supporting the
versions of Struts downloaded from here. Application teams should NOT be
downloading Struts from the Jakarta website but are encouraged to use
the website for learning and documentation.
</quote>

I'd be interested to hear what people think about the last part of the
quote... Currently, Ford is distributing 1.1b2.  I imagine there will be
quite a delay before they actually distribute 1.1 final (when it comes
out), which I don't think is in the best interest of the project teams.

---
- Nayan Hajratwala
- Chikli Consulting LLC
- http://www.chikli.com <http://www.chikli.com>