I thought not accessing JSPs directly was irritating at first too until I realized I was wrong :-). Hiding JSPs behind actions has too many advantages to not do it that way. What if you don't want to use JSPs in the future? How do you setup the data for the JSP to display? What if you want to change the layout of your JSPs without harming the user's bookmarks? What if you want to use Struts' modules ;-) ?

David

From: Milo Hyson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: JSP cannot call an action in its own module
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:36:01 -0800

An FYI for all those who have written in with this problem. It seems that the available documentation isn't clear enough with regards to JSPs in multi-module applications. The Struts developers have confirmed that all JSPs must be called from actions and not directly in order for the ModuleConfig information to be present. I'll admit this is rather crude and annoying, but that's the way it is.

- Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs