From: "Hirschmann, Bernhard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:16 PM
Subject: AW: AW: Transforming a String to valid HTML encoding

Thank you for your help, Craig.

I don't know if you got me completely right.. or maybe I didn't understand.

What I want to do is to transform the regional characters of a String like
"ü" into "&uuml;"

The reason is, that I don't want to use utf-8, but ISO-8859-1 for my html
pages. And if a "ü" appears in the ISO-8859-1 characterset in the browser,
it is not displayed correctly in a browser using the english locale. But it
is displayed correctly if "&uuml;" is used. (what is the name for this
format?)

As far as I could learn, java.net.URLEncoder transforms into
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded MIME format", used for the URLs. But this
format is not for the body of a html page, right?

Regards,
Bernhard