You may want to increase your default console setting from DEBUG to WARN.
That would eliminate a lot of log messages.

-----Original Message-----
From: De Cesco, Jonathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 5:09 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: log4j problem

Hi all,
I was using Log4J with struts1.0 with no problem. When I updated to
struts1.1b3, messages from Struts like "RequestProcessor Processing a POST
request for path url" are logged using my webapp log4j configuration file.
The problem is I don't want struts to log these messages but it keeps using
my log4J configuration once it finds it.
anyone ????