It worked, thank you, my understanding of Log4J was rather limited!!

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : jeudi 30 janvier 2003 14:31
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : RE: log4j problem

.U can specify log level per logger as well.SO if u want to exclude logging
for
some packages,U specify a higher log level for that..some thing like

log4j.logger.org.apache.struts=ERROR

So for all loggers whose name starts with org.apache.struts , only errors
wil
be logged..For other named hirarchies, it will still not change....