Just a thought, but couldn't you start your process and place a token in the
session
indicating the process is active but not complete. Map a filter to /* and
have it
check to see if the token indicates the process is complete. If it is, then
the filter
would redirect the user to the "Process Complete" page/action. You could
even go as far as to
provide a link on each page for checking the status of the process. The link
would just
loop back to the existing page forcing the filter to check the process
status. The link
would only appear if the process token was in the session.

I haven't tried this, but it seems like it would work.

robert