Your form bean should only deal with Strings.  Convert the string later -
either with BeanUtils or manually.  There have been a number of discussions
about why form beans should only deal with Strings - most reasons having to
do with the issue of invalid input, and the redisplaying thereof.

--
Voytek Jarnot