I've got Tiles configured as a struts plug-in:

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
 <set-property property="definitions-config"
                value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
 <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
 <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
 <set-property property="definitions-debug" value="1" />
</plug-in>

I've got a servlet that takes the name of a tiles definition as a
parameter.  Before forwarding it along to my dispatcher page, I'd like to
look it up in the factory and make sure it exists (and forward to a
different page if necessary).  How can I get a link to the definitions
factory?  Do I need to instantiate tiles in some other way?  It is safe to
create a second instead of the factory for my own use?

Duane