I don't know what you mean by this.  I'm using the nightly build
and I've looked through all of the samples and non of them seem to
be using the http://jakarta URI  (maybe that should tell me something)
even though the docs clearly say that this can be done to 'simplify
deployment'.

To the other response, yes, I could install the TLDs in WEB-INF, but
this is supposed to be a way to do this that simplifies deployment.

It was working a week or so back, and it quit working for some reason.