Very true John.  I think the dependency in the decision is at what layer in
his application these responsibilities belong to.  If it's business logic,
then yes, do a Util class for your business logic, but if it's what I would
call a "means" or a utility for your presentation layer or struts code, then
do a filter-- like getting a connection.

| |
| | Just write a singleton class with  methods that take the appropriate
| | parameters, and have both actions delegate to that class.  Then any
| other
| | classes can use those services also.
| |
| |
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | I want to write 2 classes , one class say MyAction
| | extends Action and the other class say
| | MyDispatchAction extends DispatchAction.
| | I want to have some code ( like setting some
| | parameters or getting connection from pool) handled in
| | both the classes, but i want to write it in such a way
| | that i dont have to code all the common methods in
| | both classes.
| | I dont want to have one class which extends
| | DispatchAction, because DispatchAction needs parameter
| | as required field in struts-config file.
| |
| | This way i would be reducing my coding  and future
| | maintenance, since if there is any modification i can
| | do it at only one place and will be applicable to both
| | places
| |
| | Any suggestions are welcome
| |