Yeah, if you read his entire post, he says that he knows that multiple
inheritance isn't allowed in Java.  It looks to me like you'll have to
make CommonFunctions an interface.  If the methods in CommonFunctions
actually are identical for both MyAction and MyDispatchAction, you could
avoid having duplicate code in the two classes by deligating to a third
object that actually implements the methods.  What you would end up with
would look something like this:

MyAction extends Action implements CommonFunctions {
   private CommonFunctionsImpl common = new CommonFunctionsImpl();
   ... methods in CommonFunctions interface that just call the common
        object above to the real work ...
}

MyDispatchAction extends DispatchAction implements CommonFunctions {
   private CommonFunctionsImpl common = new CommonFunctionsImpl();
   ... methods in CommonFunctions interface that just call the common
        object above to the real work ...
}

CommonFunctionsImpl implements CommonFunctions {
   ... methods that do the real work ...
}

--Cory

Cory R. Newey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Software Engineer
Novell, the leading provider of Net services software

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/31/03 08:41AM >>>
I'm going to save you from getting flamed.... java does not allow
multiple
inheritance.  You can only extend from a single Object.

-Jacob