From: Holman, Cal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Freitag, 31. Jänner 2003 20:08
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: nesting tiles with definitions in xml

Jorg>> This way each of the tiles is an independent entity.  Which has
it's
downside - but in a portal situation a single action cannot manage all
the
potential data required for a specific user.  Using tiles actions on a
per
tiles basis you can separate each of the controller/business logic - if
the
tile is required then the appropriate tiles action fires - if not then
no
extra work is done.  It would be difficult in the tiles definition or
template to define every possible combination in a portal layout.
Especially if the user is allowed to move the tiles around.

Having to write some breadcrumb code I bumped into your situation where
wanted the parent definition visible to a lower level tile.  By using a
tiles action I was able to determine the definition being used in the
template at run time and load a request scope bean so all the tiles
could
have access to the definition data.

Cal

http://www.calandva.com/            Last update 01/03/03