Thanks for the response Craig :-)

I'm just starting a page for our campus ACM group that will give the
possibility of posting articles, forum data, links, etc.

I'm using OJB, but I have to do some odd things to the schema of the
database (torque rules!).  Issues arise when a table has 5 columns; the 5th
is memo-type data which I don't want to select as part of an object most of
the time:

An example would be: list available articles, and then pull their page
content when requested.  What I have to do is put that 5th column in its own
table to take advantage of lazy loading by OJB (a proxy reference).  The
other alternative is to create two versions of the bean: ArticleListItem and
ArticleItem.  ArticleItem extends ArticleListItem, but includes that 5th
column.

At this point, I would like anyone (even steve b. from tomcat-user) to tell
me the recommended course of action in this case.

Sorry for the OT
Jacob