I've used Hibernate on my last two (small) projects.  It works great for me,
and is super easy if you read the documentation.  On one project, I have
POJOs that are marked up with XDoclet and it creates ValidationForms and
Hibernate mappings using Ant tasks.  So I have one class to maintain.  This
project was developed as a sample app, rather than a real-world app.  In the
real world, I've done the same thing, but I had to split out my POJOs from
my Forms when I had indexed properties.

Matt