From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:02 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: How do i keep the commons-*.jar files from being required? (Weblogic 5.1)

hi folks,

  I just upgraded from struts 1.0.2 to 1.1b3 and when i restarted my app server
(Weblogic 5.1) it complains with the output below.  I added the commons-beanutils.jar
to the classpath, then it complained about another commons-*.jar.  How can i make
struts not require these jars?  I didn't have to use them in 1.0.2, but now i don't
know what to do.

TIA,
Jason

Wed Feb 05 10:56:10 EST 2003:<E> <WebAppServletContext-spg> Error instantiating
servlet: org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/Converter
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:469)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:453)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:442)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:361)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.preloadServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:748)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.preloadServlets(ServletContextImpl.java:722)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:649)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:448)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1332)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:844)
        at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:140)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:97)
        at weblogic.ISVServer.main(ISVServer.java:9)

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet class: org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
couldn't be instantiated
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:484)