From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: February 5, 2003 11:58 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: How do i keep the commons-*.jar files from being required?
(Weblogic 5.1)

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:02:19 -0500 (EST)
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: How do i keep the commons-*.jar files from being required?
>     (Weblogic 5.1)
>
> hi folks,
>
>   I just upgraded from struts 1.0.2 to 1.1b3 and when i restarted my app
server (Weblogic 5.1) it complains with the output below.  I added the
commons-beanutils.jar to the classpath, then it complained about another
commons-*.jar.  How can i make struts not require these jars?  I didn't have
to use them in 1.0.2, but now i don't know what to do.

Struts 1.1 itself requires all of the commons-*.jar files that it ships
with.  It won't run without them, so you must include them as well as
struts.jar in your webapp.

> TIA,
> Jason

Craig