I think the main problem might be one of design. Why do you need to know if
a client has JavaScript enabled or not? I'm not sure of your particular
requirements, but relying on some sort of application functionality that is
dependent on a client side feature like JavaScript, smells of flawed design.

Just my, severely devalued, 2 cents...

This communication is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity it
was addressed to and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication
from your system(s) to which it was sent and/or replicated to. (c) 2002
Sapiens Americas Corp.