I have an application module running in frames. In some cases, the frames are nested
to a depth of 4. All the src attributes for the frame tags use h:rewrite with the page
attribute, so that the app prefix and module prefix should both be prepended.

The frame src attributes in the top-level frameset are being correctly rewritten with
the module path and are loading correctly. The problem is that the frame src
attributes in the second level of framesets are not being rewritten correctly.

The application runs correctly when it is in the default module. The three changes I
made to move it from an explicit module to the default module were (1) change web.xml
so that the init-param for the explicit module is commented out, (2) change web.xml to
add a comma and the struts-config file path to the default module's param-value, and
(3) move the jsp's physical location up one level in the directory tree, out from
under the directory named for the explicit module.

Searching the archives with marc turned up nothing about modules and frames. I'm
hoping someone has some experience or theory to share.

I am running struts 1.1b3 on Tomcat 4.1.18 in eclipse 2.1. Here is the
post-move-back-to-default-app relevant section from my web.xml:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-config-dt.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!--init-param>
      <param-name>config/dt</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-dt.xml</param-value>
    </init-param-->

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help you diagnose
my problem.

Thanks,

Derek Richardson