On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Chris Halverson wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:16:01 -0600
> From: Chris Halverson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Struts design flaw -- ActionForms are not true domain objects
>
> "James Childers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > You can't really use that outside of a servlet container. This is
> > not a knock to Struts; it was never designed to be a general purpose
> > MVC model. But noone is going to write a Swing app using Struts, for
> > example.
>
> http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Swing/
>
> It can be done.

It can definitely be done -- but having to deal with GUI frameworks (MFC,
AWT, Swing, SWT, ...) is so agonizingly painful that it's why I got
involved in building applications for the web in the first place :-).

Short answer:  Struts was never intended to solve any "outside of a
servlet container" problems, so it should hardly be surprising that using
it that way is not particularly graceful.

> cdh

Craig