Nope, your best option is still to submit the information when they click
those links and keep it in a session scoped action form.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Ebright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 February 2003 14:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Saving form data

Is there any piece of functionality in Struts that I can take advantage
of in order to save and restore form data entered by the user as the
page is reloaded.  For example I am displaying an html table that shows
a paged view of the data.  The user can click on page 1,2,3, etc.
 Clicking on these links reloads the SAME page, but with the next subset
of data in the html table.  The problem I am running into is that the
page in question also has a form area where the user is supposed to fill
in information and submit it.  When the user clicks on the links to page
through the table, the data they entered in the form fields is lost.

In the past, I have made round trips to the server and submitted the
form data, storing it in session to later be retrieved.  I want a better
approach now though.  I was considering passing the form data in a
querystring but am afraid I will hit its size limit.  Any ideas as to
how this can best be accomplished?

-Joey