Ok.  Scratch that, I was correct the first time.

Here's my test.jsp:

<%
  java.util.Map emptyMap = new java.util.HashMap();
  pageContext.setAttribute("emptyMap", emptyMap);
%>
<logic:empty name="emptyMap">The map is empty.</logic:empty><br>
<logic:notEmpty name="emptyMap">The map is not
empty.</logic:notEmpty><br>

Sorry for the confusing posts, I stopped drinking coffee a few weeks
ago, and things just haven't been the same.

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
cannot read them."
        - Mark Twain (1835-1910)