The controllerClass attribute doesn't appear to be hooked into the Struts exception handling mechanism so I tried controllerUrl. I pointed the controllerUrl attribute at a /something.do action. That action throws an exception which does get delegated to the exception handling mechanism.

However, the ActionForward returned from the ExceptionHandler is not recognized by Tiles so the user doesn't get forwarded to the error page, the tile shows up instead.

Help?

Dave

If you don't need the struts properties, use a Controller class and controllerClass.
If you need the struts preprocessing or the struts properties in your controller, use a TilesAction and controllerUrl.
A TilesAction is a regular Struts action which can be called through the servlet mechanism, and so can be catch and preprocessed by Struts. In addition, a TilesAction should be declare in the struts config file, and called throw its URL.

Cedric