On Sat, Feb 22,'03 (03:22 PM GMT+0100), alexj wrote:

> What's the best to do if for example I got
> a view where an user can choose to view
> students by class, view students by year
> or view students by year ?

I think the best is to bring back the results in a table in some default
manner (by class, year, whatever) but then allow the user to click on
the table column header which will resort the list. If the collection is
not that large look into using the Display tag (more recent
updates to this tag can be found, search the struts archives). If the
collection is very large you might want to use a different approach that
doesn't rely on keeping the entire collection in session scope.

--
Rick