On Sat, Feb 22,'03 (11:38 AM GMT+0100), Zsolt wrote:

> I understand that the reset method should not be used to set the
> default values of the fields of a form. What is the preferred way?

I think it's best to populate the default form information in an
ActionClass. So if I had an insertEmployee operation that required the
user entering in the information but I wanted prepopulate a lot of the
fields I'd have a link that first called a SetupEmployeeFormAction
and would then forward to the jsp page for the user to enter the
information.

It gets a bit tricky when validation is involved and you are using
request scope, but when you cross that bridge I like Robert Taylor's
solution the best:

<Robert Taylor post>

"Rick, I usually define the setUpForm action URI as the input attribute
of the processForm action element. That way if a validation error occurs
the request is forwarded to the setUpForm action which repopulates the
list and forwards to the page where my list is displayed along with the
error message and the users input.

Works for me and I don't have to place anything in the session."

</end Robert Taylor Post>

--
Rick