Here's a puzzler:

We need to be able to mix displaying different languages and different currencies. For
example: A user comes in with a locale of es_MX, but they wish to view the price of
their results in Yen. We have the I18N functionality in place, but I haven't seen a
way to handle this kind of mapping. This would, of course, need to be applicable to
non-western character sets, as well.

One way that I have considered doing this is with simple resource keys, viz:

[in resources_es_MX.properties]
currency.jp=\u00A5{0}.{0}

and repeat this for each langauge/country combination. This would be incredibly
tedious, however. If there is a library or API available I would certainly prefer to
use that route.

-= J