From: James Childers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 12:19 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List' (E-mail)
Subject: Mixing currencies and locales

Here's a puzzler:

We need to be able to mix displaying different languages and different
currencies. For example: A user comes in with a locale of es_MX, but they
wish to view the price of their results in Yen. We have the I18N
functionality in place, but I haven't seen a way to handle this kind of
mapping. This would, of course, need to be applicable to non-western
character sets, as well.

One way that I have considered doing this is with simple resource keys, viz:

[in resources_es_MX.properties]
currency.jp=\u00A5{0}.{0}

and repeat this for each langauge/country combination. This would be
incredibly tedious, however. If there is a library or API available I would
certainly prefer to use that route.

-= J