On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:33:50 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Netscape 4.7x and Struts performance problems
>
> I have to disagree with Craig on the issue of banishing ns4. We are all
> working on a *nix box. There are not many choices besides mozilla or ns.

Mozilla 1.2.1 kicks butt on Linux for me, including better performance
than Netscape on basically every website and webapp I access with it.  In
addition to the incremental rendering of nested tables (which improves
*perceived* performance even if it didn't change the total amount of time
requird), it's just faster at rendering everything than 4.7 was.

If you need to stick with the brand name to satisfy pointy-haired bosses,
Netscape 7 is based on the same rendering engine (Gecko) as Mozilla, so it
shares the improved performance and standards conformance (although it's
based on Mozilla 1.0 code rather than 1.1).

> Regards,
>

> PQ

Craig