Initially, I just had it in one place - where it's suppose to be in
/WEB-INF/LIB/. But that didn't seem to work.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geeta Ramani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:56 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Running example app on Websphere 4.0

Mike:

I don't know anything about WebSphere, but thought you may like to know
this:
the time that I got a similar error "NoClassDefFoundError was in fact when I
had
placed a jar in one place too many... not to be confused with the
"ClassNotFoundError".  (I believe the error occurs when a class found in the
compilation path is not the same as the one found at run time. )  Since you
say
below that you tried to put the struts.jar in lots of places, maybe this is
the
problem..?  So try to remove the struts.jar from everywhere *except* one
place,
rebuild everything and then try again.

Regards,
Geeta

"Shkolnik, Mike" wrote:

> The link or file that you were trying to include is not there.
>
> Deploying example app directly to the WS 4.0 appserver does not seem to
> work.
>
> When I try to deploy and run my own struts application (not the example) I
> get following error:
>
> [2/25/03 10:52:01:630 PST] 37191c7f WebGroup      X Servlet
Error-[action]: