From: Owens, Ryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 3:53 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Running example app on Websphere 4.0

May not be related at all, but:

I'm not using Websphere (using Jboss with Tomcat) but I get that same error:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory

whenever I recompile my classes but don't restart JBoss/Tomcat.

once I restart them everything works fine.
So maybe try restarting Websphere.
Hope that helps.

  Ryan Owens