I have a JSP that is successfully creating an instance
of a bean class in the session, but I'm failing to
understand a problem with retrieving data from that
bean.

The bean's constructor (zero arguments) is apparently
not executing defined routines.  However, it can
retrieve private data members made accessible via
property getters.

<jsp:useBean id="catalog" scope="session"
class="edu.Catalog"/>

<jsp:getProperty name="catalog" property="title"/>
<jsp:getProperty name="catalog" property="list"/>

The title property is retrieved because it is
basically hard-coded in the bean, not dependent on
anything in the constructor.  The list property is not
showing up at all, it is defined by a routine in the
bean's constructor.

anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
-bob