Is it necessary that the child window displays a location bar?  Seems to me
that if you are opening the window using javascript, you can certainly turn
off the various features you won't need anyway.  The way you describe this
it sounds like a dialog box, so it seems to me the simplest response is the
best - querystring it man.   you know you want to.