Just put the locale and other choices in the same form.

At 12:45 PM 3/5/03 +0100, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: Localisation

> ok simon.. thanks > > one more question, what happens to text entry fields tat havent been > submited if the user clicks to alter his locale.. > when the page is loaded his entries will be lost.. how can i stop this?

Good question. Something I have not come up against yet. But what you could do is have the language buttons go via an action class that will rebuild the page for the new language, which means that the entered info will still be in the request in the formBean you are filling (could cause problems if the bean is validated, as *I think* that the validation will occur when the new request for language change happens. You'll have to check this out), you then just extract it and repopulate the page with this aswell as the change of language. Off the top of my head I wouldn't know how to code this, but when the good old US wakes up I expect help will be plentyfull ;-)

Cheers

Simon

LEGAL NOTICE

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you