We discovered the limit of the action mapping capability early on with
one project I was doing and actually wrote a new mapper that matched
based on subsets of the full pathinfo string.  We ended up not using
struts for that project, but enhancing the action map matching was
pretty useful.  Our big problem was using something that was not part of
the core struts distribution and it was apparent our changes were far
too late to make into a possible 1.1 feature.

Owen