I'm not sure I am explaining my problem correctly.

1) a Jsp page displays a form with text boxes, radio and checkboxes.
2) Form is filled out and submitted.
3) if validated, the next part of the form is dispayed with a second jsp
page.
4) But, User hits the browser back button
5) First form is re-diplayed, but the form fields have not been populated
correctly, and sometimes my validation errors appear on the newly displayed
form, even though it was submitted correctly the first time.

What I am asking is:

1) can someone explain what the back button is doing?
2) can I fix this in Struts, so that the the values that were submitted are
now present when the form is re-posted.

I realize that this is a browser issue, but I was hopiing to get a fix for
it somehow.

Tokens have been mentioned, and I have looked at the struts example and the
many posts in the archives.

I still do not see my way through this.

If I am being dumb, don't be afraid to tell me.
It won't be the first or the last time !!!

Ron