Thank you all for your replies. I think I will have to get some good hold on
regular expressions

I found a site which lists possible regular expressions . This should help
me, anyway even buying book should do

http://demo.freshwater.com/SiteScope/docs/regexp.htm

Now I have another question , which I think shouldn't be in this list but
was curious if anybody knows.

I have HTML page  with certain number of tables, in kind of different
layers(I have put them in field sets).

On triggering of event(liking selecting a certain checkbox) the different
layers should be hidden or visible. I think it should be possible be
JavaScript I think, but don't know how.

Help appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Vinay